In this short article, we round up some of our most recent articles on the subject of school security.
Schools face a range of security threats on a regular basis. Whether it’s drug dealing, fights breaking out in the playground, or assaults on teachers, these security threats in schools are ever-present.
The articles we’re sharing today are:
- The Benefits of CCTV Camera Systems in Schools
- School Security Threats & Risks: 6 Examples of Crime in Schools
- How to Improve School Security: 6 Affordable Ways to Enhance School Safety
If you are responsible for school security, we hope these articles give you some insight into how best to tackle them.
The Benefits of CCTV Camera Systems in Schools
The backbone of school security, a robust CCTV system designed to capture and monitor threats inside and outside of the classroom.
School CCTV systems, help support pupil and teacher safety as well as providing parents the emotional security that their children are protected.
Headteachers, management, and those directly responsible for school security must deal with a range of threats including bullying, drug dealing, vandalism, anti-social behaviour, and other forms of violent crime.
Trespass, theft, and vehicle crime are further considerations for those in charge of school security.
What are the advantages of school CCTV systems?
How can they play an important role in school classrooms?
Read the full article to find out more: What are the benefits, advantages and importance of school CCTV systems?
School Security Threats & Risks: 6 Examples of Crime in Schools
This blog focuses on:
- Violence and bullying
- Abuse and harassment
As experienced school and education security systems installers, the team at Safeguard Systems is well aware of the security threats faced within a school.
The threats and risks schools face, if unchecked and unmanaged can have a significant impact on the smooth running of a school.
Read the full article: School Security Threats & Risks: 6 Examples of Crime in Schools
How to Improve School Security: 6 Affordable Ways to Enhance School Safety
In this school security article, we cover a range of ways to enhance pupil and teacher safety.
As mentioned above, schools deal with a range of security threats.
The 6 affordable ways to improve school security we discuss in this article are:
1. External CCTV: Monitoring playgrounds and car parks
2. Internal CCTV: Monitoring classrooms and corridors
3. Access control systems: Keeping a log of who is in and out of the building
4. Developing a security checklist: Keeping on top of security
5. Security Guards or remote CCTV monitoring: Which is more affordable?
6. Talks and seminars: Helping students and teachers keep security front of mind
Within each section of the article, we highlight some of the security threats schools face, and how each solution mentioned above, can help.
Here are a couple of examples to get you started.
Externally placed cameras can help to:
- Deter fights from breaking out in the playground
- Catch drug dealers
- Monitor the site for vandalism
Access control and door entry systems in schools
These security systems can help a school to:
- Monitor attendance
- Spot unauthorised absence
- Lockdown the school in instances of significant external threats
Keen to learn more?
Read the full article: How to Improve School Security: 6 Affordable Ways to Enhance School Safety.