How does an ANPR camera system work?
ANPR camera systems capture the image of a car number plate as it approaches your premises. If the car registration number is in the system and approved, access will be authorised. If it isn’t the driver will have to wait at the gate or entry point and call through, usually via an intercom system.
These systems are designed to provide easy access to a company’s site for all authorised vehicles. ANPR systems on the other hand, provide a safe security control in vetting access to non-authorised vehicles.
As mentioned above, these systems can also be integrated within a perimeter protection system to help spot a range of secueity threats.
ANPR CCTV for car parks. Secure access with automatic number plate recognition cameras.
ANPR systems can be used by car park operators in a number of ways. These systems are easy to install and provide a cost-effective, robust way of controlling your car park whether you are a supermarket, shopping centre, gym, business on an estate, hotel or county council.
Once we understand your full requirements and objectives we will design and install a parking management system perfectly suited to your needs.
Here at Safeguard Systems we can cater for a wide range of car parks including:
- Permit only car parks – all authorised and permitted vehicles will be logged in a database and granted access
- Staff only – only vehicles belonging to members of staff and on the system will be allowed access
- Limited time free parking areas – some car parks allow free parking for the first two hours then charge at an hourly rate thereafter. On arrival the vehicle owner logs the car registration in the system (like when you get a ticket) and will only be charged for time after the free period has expired
- Set time parking – many retail parks operate a 2-3 hour maximum stay. Vehicle’s registration numbers are clocked on the way in and logged on the system. Parking fines are then issued to vehicles who ‘overstay’
- Managing car park overstay – this is similar to set time parking. However where pre-paid car parks are concerned, any vehicle owner ‘overstaying’ will be issued with a ticket or required to top up their parking fee
Talk to an expert today by calling 0800 689 1835
Other business uses for ANPR CCTV camera systems
Although ANPR is widely used to manage the smooth operation of car parks, there are a huge range of other uses for this technology.
- Providing secure access to your premises
- Spotting known vehicles that pose a threat to your premises
- Collating visitor data and track deliveries in and out of your site
- Notifying The Police of a vehicle registration if it breaches your security
- Improving customer experience
Are ANPR CCTV cameras right for your business?
Upon reviewing your known security threats, if tracking and logging car numbers plate will address these concerns, we fully recommend ANPR.
We work with a range of businesses including:
- Offices (car parks)
- Car showrooms and used car sites
- Gyms and hospitality businesses
- Shops and car parks
- Apartment blocks and property developments
Talk to the team today about your security objectives and requirements.
Call us now on 0800 689 1835 or Submit an enquiry.