IP intercom systems - how do they work?
With the growing use of VOIP technology, more and more businesses are looking to integrate their systems within their current IT infrastructure. For businesses that have a VOIP phone system in place or a hosted solution, investing in an IP intercom system is highly recommended.
Traditionally video and audio Intercom systems have needed to be installed separately to IT and telephone systems. This can cause disruption to the business and new systems have to be installed along with extensive cabling and more.
An IP intercom system:
- Connects to your existing telephone / IT network
- Can be assigned to multiple users – perfect if you don’t have a fully staff reception
- Negates the need for vast amounts of new cabling and installation time
- Provides fantastic levels of security for your premises and can be scaled easily
Your new IP intercom system:
With a professional intercom installation you will be able to:
- Manage secure visitor access to your premises – from the gate to the front door
- Integrate it with VOIP telephony
- Provide additional peace of mind to you and your reception team
- Scale your security system easily as your company grows
- Limit internal access to certain areas – perfect for health and safety-conscious businesses
- Grant access remotely. Perfect for situations where not all sites are staffed
- Deploy it as part of an integrated security solution, covering other access control and CCTV systems
Advantages & benefits of IP intercom systems
There are various advantages and benefits to an IP Intercom system. These can vary from business to business and sector to sector however the key ones to consider are:
Ease of installation. When comparing IP based systems against traditional analogue solutions they are incredibly easy to install. As they are connected over your existing IP infrastructure, there is no need for extensive cabling or large amounts of time on site.
Performance. Whether you go for a video or audio IP intercom system, the level of performance with an IP based system is key. Some clients look to upgrade their intercom systems due to a crackly line or poor video image quality. A robust, effective IP intercom system will tackle these issues from day one!
Company Image. No one likes to be stood in the rain waiting for someone to let them in. Especially a new customer or an important visitor. An IP based system, whether audio or video intercom provides fast and impressive access to your building.
Flexibility. With an IP based intercom system when someone arrives at your offices and calls through it can be handled by various people. A traditional system is normally managed by one person or team (usually reception). As the system is connected to your current IP networks you can assign various people to manage access via their telephone line. If one person is in a meeting or out of the office, another person can allow visitor access.
Scalability and future proofing. As your business grows, so can your security system – with ease. You can assign and implement new call points without the need for new cabling. New users are added to the system easily therefore reducing the need for large additional costs if you need to scale up your system.
Call us now on 0800 689 1835.
IP door entry systems - are they right for you?
IP intercoms are suited to a broad range of businesses. We work with a range of companies in different sectors including:
- Offices & Warehouses
- Car showrooms and used car sites
- Construction sites and solar farms
- Gyms and hospitality businesses
- Shops and car parks
- Apartment blocks and property developments
Talk to the team today about your security objectives and requirements.