In this round-up article, we have collated a selection of our solar farm security articles into one.
Security for solar farms is essential. Operators of utility-scale solar farms are faced with a range of threats including:
- Solar panel theft
- Theft of cable and wiring
- Vandalism and trespass
- Theft of plant machinery
Managing and deterring security threats on solar sites is key to protecting revenue and maintaining operational continuity.
As expert installers of security systems for renewable energy sites, we have been busy creating and publishing a range of content
The articles we cover are:
Table of contents
The benefits of infra-red lighting for solar farm CCTV monitoring
GJD is a specialist supplier of advanced detections products and systems we integrate into our solar farm security systems.
To summarise, the main benefits of integrating Infra-red (IR) lighting within a solar farm security system are:
- Improved image quality and penetration
- Reduced false alarms
- Coverage area
- Catching and apprehending more intruders in low-light conditions
You can read the full blog here: The benefits of infra-red lighting for solar farm CCTV monitoring.
Why solar farms need security – protecting revenue, vandalism, panel & cable theft
In this article, we take a look at why security for solar farms is an essential part of these operations.
In this article we cover:
- Maintaining operational continuity and revenue
- Deterring solar panel theft
- Deterring cable theft
- Public liability
- Deterring theft of plant equipment during the build phase
- Deterring vandalism
You can read the full article here: Why solar farms need security – protecting revenue, vandalism, panel & cable theft.
A guide to CCTV monitoring & perimeter protection for solar farms
Solar farm CCTV monitoring systems improve security and negate the need for 24/7 on-site guards.
In this article, we cover a range of topics including:
- Protecting solar sites from the impact of crime
- Solar farm CCTV monitoring & perimeter protection
- Why invest in CCTV monitoring & perimeter protection?
- The different types of CCTV Monitoring, perimeter protection & detection Systems
- The components of effective solar farm CCTV monitoring systems
- Solar farm CCTV monitoring case studies
You can read the full article here: A guide to CCTV monitoring & perimeter protection for solar farms.
Solar farm security case studies:
As experts in solar farm security, we have been protecting hundreds of utility-scale sites across the UK for over five years.
Looking to secure your site and work with a trusted team of solar farm security experts?
Here are links to two case studies: