In this article, we focus on the different types of access control systems for businesses. An increasing number of businesses are now looking at ways to improve and secure access to and from their premises.
As a result, companies are investing in these systems to manage entry, track employee whereabouts, and provide secure access to a site or building. The different types of access control systems businesses invest in are:
- Video intercom and video door entry
- Audio intercom
- IP intercom
- Card and fob access systems
Before we get started, if you are currently looking for a system for your business, head over to the access control section of our website for more information.
Access Control Systems for Business.
Find out more about our access control, door entry and intercom solutions today.
Table of contents
- The different types of access control systems
- IP intercom systems
- Our IP intercom partners
- Video Intercoms
- Our Video Intercom Partners
- Audio Intercom Systems
- Our Audio Intercom Partners
- Key fob door entry systems
- Our key Fob Door Entry Partner – Paxton Access
- The different types of access control systems – summary
- Looking for a new access control system for your business?
The different types of access control systems
In the following section of this guide to the different types of access control systems, we focus on solutions covering intercoms, and keyless door access solutions.
IP intercom systems
IP intercom systems are growing in popularity for companies committed to providing secure access to, from, and around their building.
Over the years, IP intercom systems have revolutionised the access control industry by combining audio and video technology over Internet protocol (IP) networks. These systems enable seamless and secure intercom functionality, allowing users to communicate remotely, manage access control, and enhance overall security.
With the integration of advanced features, IP intercoms redefine modern communication in commercial, educational and industrial settings.
Why choose IP intercom for your business?
IP Intercom systems offer businesses a range of benefits including:
- Peace of mind
- Data capture
- Performance & quality
- Scalability – adding more intercoms to the system
- Company image
Both video and audio intercom systems can operate easily over IP and can be deployed:
- Externally – outside the main entrance, at the main gate, or at other key external access points
- Internally – to restrict access to certain areas of the building such as server rooms, areas holding petty cash, and more
Whether you’re considering a video door entry or an audio intercom system, we would highly recommend an IP-based solution.
Our IP intercom partners
Here at Safeguard Systems, we work with a range of IP intercom system manufacturers including:
Here are some useful links to their product pages:
If you are keen to learn more about these solutions, read our article covering the benefits of IP intercom systems. Alternatively, click the button below to view our IP intercom solutions page.
IP Intercom Systems.
Find out more about our IP video and audio intercom systems today.
In this section of our guide to the types of access control systems, we focus on video intercoms. These systems offer an additional layer of security for a business as you get to see who’s at the door before letting them in.
This helps companies manage visitor access, and deliveries whilst preventing unauthorised access.
These security systems provide real-time video communication, empowering you to manage site and internal access. With their user-friendly interfaces and integration capabilities, video intercoms redefine safety.
Furthermore, they foster a secure and connected environment for both public sector and commercial spaces. These security systems are the perfect option for a range of businesses and organisations including:
- Office based businesses
- Warehouses and factories
- Doctors surgeries
- Gyms and more
Why choose a video intercom for your business?
Video door entry systems are a fantastic way to:
- Grant, track, and manage visitor access
- Restrict access, and manage the flow of visitors to and from a business premises
- Provide security and peace of mind to reception staff
- Impress visitors – no need to leave them waiting in the rain whilst someone runs down to let them in
- Manage health and safety
Our Video Intercom Partners
Here at Safeguard Systems, we work with a range of video intercom system manufacturers including:
Here are some links to their products and solutions.
If you would like to learn more about this subject read our article covering the the benefits of video intercom entry systems. Alternatively, to find out more about the video intercom systems we install, click the button below.
Video Intercom & Door Entry Systems.
Find out more about our video intercom and door entry systems today.
Audio Intercom Systems
Audio intercoms are an effective form of access control for businesses looking to secure access to, from, and around their site. However, there is a current assumption that the rise of video intercoms has diminished the need for their audio-only counterparts.
Whilst video intercom systems are currently very popular, audio intercom still plays a vital role in helping businesses manage access around a site.
Why choose audio intercom systems?
How these security systems are implemented can vary. Normally this includes:
- External and internal door access and security situations
- 1-2-1 communication
- Integrating with public address systems
As you can see there are a number of settings where audio intercoms offer a fantastic access control solution.
Our Audio Intercom Partners
If you’re interested in learning more about the range of audio intercom systems, Safeguard Systems can install, here are some helpful links.
Audio Intercom Systems.
Find out more about our audio systems today.
Key fob door entry systems
Key fob door entry systems are a secure means for a business to control access to and from its building and premises.
These systems either use a:
- Mobile phone
In the next section of this guide to the different types of access control systems, we summarise the benefits of key fob door entry systems.
Why choose key fob door entry systems for your business?
The access control systems, help companies manage site access effectively and allow businesses to track attendance, timekeeping and employee whereabouts.
Furthermore, key fob door entry systems help businesses negate the risks of staff losing office door keys and the associated costs of replacing them.
To summarise, these access control systems help to monitor staff:
There are various uses for key fob door entry systems:
- External – at the office front door, entry gate, or external facilities such as bin stores
- Internal – to allow and restrict access to certain areas and monitor who is where in the building. This could be server rooms, meeting rooms, and offices where expensive equipment or cash is kept
In the remaining section of this guide to the different types of access control, focus on the solutions offered by our partners at Paxton.
Our key Fob Door Entry Partner – Paxton Access
Here are Safeguard Systems, our recommended keyless door access system is Paxton.
There are two core systems we recommend to businesses.
- Paxton Net2 – for fob, audio, and video door entry
- Paxton 10 – for companies looking to use mobile phones as the access token (via Bluetooth connectivity).
Here are some helpful links to the Paxton website.
Keyless Door Entry Systems – Related Reading
If you are currently researching your keyless door entry options here are some links to articles we have written on the subject.
Alternatively, click the button below to find out more about the key fob door entry systems we design and install.
Key Fob Door Entry Systems.
Find out more about our Key fob door entry systems today.
The different types of access control systems – summary
There we have it – a detailed guide to the different types of access control systems for businesses.
- IP intercoms are now the key choice for companies looking to secure access to their sites
- Video intercom solutions offer an effective means to secure access to our buildings or sites. They help manage the flow of visitors, improve site safety, and prevent unathorised access
- Audio intercoms play a pivotal role in managing external and internal access in a range of settings
- Key fob door systems help companies manage access, and track and monitor data such as staff attendance timekeeping and whereabouts
We hope you have enjoyed this article and have gained some new insights into the types of access control solutions for businesses.
Looking for a new access control system for your business?
As you can see we are experts in access control, covering a wide range of systems.